>
       
 <td height=
|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |   Ball Markers  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Hurdsfield Golf Club"
"CHES-088"

Spoon CHES-088
Images submitted by Maurice V. Phillips

Script H.G.C.
Won by Mrs Annie Phillips in the 1930s
Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Golf Club Miscellaneous
Golf Club Paper Items
Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, Spoon, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy
Description

Hurdsfield Golf Club - CHES-088 - Now a time line for Hurdsfield.

In 1901/2 Higher Hurdsfield Golf Club was formed with a course at Cliff Lane, Higher Hurdsfield.

This club was reformed as Hurdsfield Golf Club in 1910 with the club still playing at the Cliff Lane course. This club went from strength to strength. In 1927 the President of the club W B Brocklehurst made land available, at Shrigley Fold and the club built an improved 9 hole course with a larger clubhouse and announced the intention to expand to 18 holes. Unfortunately Mr Brocklehurst died in 1929 and the expansion never went ahead. When war came in 1939 the land was commandeered for food production. Although golf continued over part of the course through the war many members moved away. In 1947 the 20 year lease on the land ran out and the course closed.

Information submitted by Bill Milligan

Hurdsfield Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection