Button # 492
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup
Button # 492a
25mm Birmingham HM 1902 by V&S
Frinton Golf Club - The club was founded 1896 and located at 1, The Esplanade, Frintonon-
Sea, Essex. This very fine silver award example is 25mm, convex and of two-piece
construction. Within a lined border bearing the Club title appear crossed clubs with two
balls in the lower angle. Over the clubs lies the county arms, Gules, three seaxes fessways
proper. In accordance with the hallmarking requirements of the time both sections are
struck, the obverse simply with the lion passant and the reverse with the cycle for
Birmingham 1902 by V&S.
Information is from an article in
"The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.
Frinton Golf Club
Buttons # 492
Any additional information
would be appreciated.
check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.
feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection