Silver - Unknown - Hallmark
Renishaw Park Golf Club
Renishaw Park Golf Club was the brainchild of Sir George R. Sitwell Bt. and in 1911 he constructed an 18
hole golf course spanning the Sheffield to Barlborough road. The front nine holes were set in the parkland
adjoining Renishaw Hall with the back nine holes across the road alongside the River Rother. In the construction
of the original course little or no resculpturing took place except for the levelling of tees and greens. The
course has largely remained unaltered with the exception of the ninth and twelfth holes. The ninth has been
lengthened by the construction of a narrow fairway alongside the main road whilst the twelfth was converted from
a par three to a dog-leg par four. These modifications coupled with backward movement of tees have resulted in the
course being lengthened from 5329 yards (circa 1925) to its present length of 6132 yards.
Any additional information
would be appreciated.
check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.
feedback is important to us. email@example.com