|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |  
  |  Ball Markers
  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Dundonald Golf Club"
"AYRS-012"

Dundonald Golf Club
Image from the Collection of Dixon Pickup

Dundonald Golf Club
Back of Button
Description

Dundonald Golf Club - First mention 1921. An 18-hole course at Gailes. Commandeered by the Army at the outset of WW2 and used as a rifle range and tank training ground. The clubhouse was an old farmhouse converted, and the snooker room had beautiful oak chairs, some of which, if not all, were bought by East Renfrewshire Golf Club. The Army retained the site for about five or six years after the war, used by the Catering Corps. The southern half of the course was sold to Barassie Golf Club in 1993 to provide an additional 9 holes.

Courtesy of Alan Jackson

Any additional images and information about the Dundonald Golf Club is appreciated.

Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Club's Homepage
Golf Club Paper Items
Badges, Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy

Dundonald Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. GolfTracer's Golf Course Museum