Back
  The Collectors Website                                   ( Back to Page 14)     ( Back to Alphabetical List)
 
"St. Augustines Golf Club"

Button # 462
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Button # 462a
Birmingham HM 1910 'C&N'
Description

St. Augustines Golf Club - This club was formed in 1907. This is an eighteen-hole course at Cottington Road, Cliffsend, Ramsgate Kent. A very handsome silver and multi enamelled award example (22mm). Centrally a shield bears the arms of St Augustine’s Monastery, Canterbury, sable, a cross argent. The club placed a charge in the centre being a roundel outlined in red and containing waves of the sea. The club title has a background of blue enamel. The reverse with marks for Birmingham 1910 by ‘C&N’ (Crisford & Norris Ltd, 118 Vyse Street Birmingham).


Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

St. Augustines Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection