Back
  The Collectors Website                                   ( Back to Page 14)     ( Back to Alphabetical List)
 
"South Herts Golf Club"

Button # 466
Image submitted by Martin Moseling

# 466a
25.71mm Birmingham HM 1906 'V&S'

Button # 467
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

# 467a
22mm Birmingham HM 1913 by ‘F&S’ (Firmin & Son)
Description

South Herts Golf Club - This club was founded 1899 at Totteridge, North London as an eighteen-hole course. Two silver award patterns are known, the earlier Birmingham 1906 by ‘V&S’ shows a male Edwardian period golfer at the top of a modern style backswing; the background comprises woods, gently rolling hills and a flag. The full Club title in surround plus ‘Vaughton Birm’ in tiny lettering at the base. The later type (22mm) in silver gilt is by ‘F&S’ (Firmin & Son) Birmingham 1913 with a central shield bearing the arms of the club. A stag couchant (the county emblem) in the first and fourth quarters and the cross saltire for Scotland in the second and third. This lies upon crossed clubs with two balls at the base, again with the full club title in surround.

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

Button Backs
Martin Moseling - 466a - 25.71mm Birmingham HM 1906 'V&S' (Vaughton & Sons)
Dixon Pickup - 466_2a - 25.71mm Birmingham HM 1906 'V&S' (Vaughton & Sons)
Dixon Pickup - 467a - 22mm Birmingham HM 1913 by ‘F&S’ (Firmin & Son)

South Herts Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection