Button # 476
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup
Button # 476a
Back of Button
Sitwell Park Golf Club - The club was founded in 1913 at Shrogs Wood Road, Rotherham,
South Yorkshire, using a course of eighteen holes. The style and thought put into this
attractive gilt brass and enamelled example (19mm) suggest that it appertains to the ladies
of the Club and could therefore be either for uniform use or as an award. Within a border
of decorative scrolling are crossed clubs superimposed with the enamelled white rose of
York, the whole overlaid with a quadriform club title in blue enamel, Sitwell Park G.C.
Rotherham. The reverse is unmarked. Both this course and the nearby Renishaw Park GC
are on land initially leased from the Sitwell family.
Information is from an article in
"The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.
Sitwell Park Golf Club
Buttons # 476
Any additional information
would be appreciated.
check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.
feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection