|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |  
  |  Ball Markers
  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Dornoch Golf Club"
"SUTHE-003"

Dornoch Golf Club
Image from the Collection of Dixon Pickup

Dornoch Golf Club
'BROOK & SON 87 GEORGE St EDINBURGH'
Description

Dornoch Golf Club - SUTHE-003 - 1877-1906 - It was in 1877 that the Dornoch Golf Club was founded as the successor of the Sutherland Golfing Society whose members played at Dornoch and Golspie. The course was then only 9 holes long.

In common with many places where golf clubs are found, golf was played on the Golspie Links prior to the formation of Golspie Golf Club. The Club itself grew out of the Sutherland Golfing Society.

In 1906, through the influence of Her Grace the Duchess of Sutherland, Duchess Millicent, a good friend to the Club, Dornoch Golf Club secured the title and dignity of 'Royal' from King Edward VII.

Any additional images and information about the Dornoch Golf Club is appreciated.

Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Club's Homepage
Golf Club Paper Items
Badges, Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy

Dornoch Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. GolfTracer's Golf Course Museum