Back
  The Collectors Website                                                    ( Back to Page 13)
 
"Ryde Golf Club"

Button # 454
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Button # 454a
'J.R.GAUNT & SON' 'BIRMINGHAM'

Button # 708
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Button # 708a
‘Sterling’ with maker’s mark ‘C.H.’
Description

Ryde Golf Club - The club was re-formed in 1921 at Ryde House Park, Ryde. A silver award example at 21mm, the obverse displays the full achievement of arms of the town that were granted in 1869: Argent, in base on waves of the sea a schooner yacht under sail proper within a bordure azure, charged with eight estoiles or. Crest: Upon a wreath of the colours, upon a rock, a sea-horse proper, charged on the body with two estoiles or. Additionally the button has a raised rim and the club title. The reverse marked ‘Sterling’ with maker’s mark ‘C.H.’ An identical one in copper gilt perhaps a second class award is marked on the reverse ‘J.R.Gaunt & Son, Birmingham’.

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

Ryde Golf Club

Button # 454

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection