|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |  
  |  Ball Markers
  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club"
"IW-013"

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club
Image from the Collection of Dixon Pickup

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club
London HM 1905 ‘FIRMIN & SONS Ld STRAND LONDON’

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club
Image from the Collection of Dixon Pickup

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club
‘FIRMIN & SONS Ld LONDON’
Description

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club - IW-013 - Originally known as the Isle of Wight Golf Club -IW-001. The club was formed and opened in 1882 with Royal appellation being granted a year later, the moving force being a Captain Eaton (RN). Initially a nine hole course. A copper gilt uniform two-piece button, the raised designs feature the crest of the Princes of Wales: three ostrich feathers argent. The display usually shows his crest: ich diem and the coronet of a Royal Prince. Here the motto is omitted and the coronet is that worn by the Prince of Wales, the diadem and the arches of the heirapparent. At the base crossed clubs four balls and the club title in surround. The back mark is ‘Firmin & Sons Ld London’. # 455 is a single piece hall-marked silver award example (London 1905) with the same back mark plus ‘F&S’. As was stated in Tony Gazzard’s article the remains of the course were given to the National Trust in 1961.

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

Any additional images and information about the Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club is appreciated.

Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Club's Homepage
Golf Club Paper Items
Badges, Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy

Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. GolfTracer's Golf Course Museum