Button # 479
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup
Button # 479a
Back of Button
Northampton Golf Club - This club was formed in 1893 on the Kettering Road some two
miles south of the town. Some ten years ago the Club moved a few miles north of the
town close to the village of Harlestone, and have constructed a fine parkland course.
Illustrated is a very fine and large (26mm) silver award example by Vaughtons’s marked
for Birmingham 1904. Within a circle bearing the club title, a shield bearing the arms of
the town is superimposed upon crossed clubs and balls. The blazon is correctly portrayed,
Gules on a mount vert a tower tripled in pyramidical form argent, and supported by two lions
rampant or, in the portway of the tower a portcullis (recorded in the College of Arms).
Information is from an article in
"The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.
Northampton Golf Club
Buttons # 479
Any additional information
would be appreciated.
check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.
feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection