|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |  
  |  Ball Markers
  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Calcutta Golf Club"
"KARN-001"

Calcutta Golf Club
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Calcutta Golf Club
BEST QUALITY

Calcutta Golf Club
Image submitted by Private Collector

Calcutta Golf Club
BEST QUALITY

Calcutta Golf Club
Image submitted by Private Collector

Calcutta Golf Club
BEST QUALITY
Description

Calcutta Golf Club - KARN-001 - Originally located near the Calcutta airport, the club moved to the Maidan and finally to its present location at Tollygunge in 1910. Meant exclusively for the use of gentlemen, ladies were very reluctantly admitted to the club in 1886, when the committee voted 43 against 13 on the condition that female members be allowed to use the course only in the mornings.

In 1911, the club was honoured by King George V and Queen Mary, who conferred on it, the title of "Royal" to commemorate their visit to Calcutta.

The club became the Royal Calcutta Golf Club - KARN-002.

Any additional images and information about the Calcutta Golf Club is appreciated.

Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Club's Homepage
Golf Club Paper Items
Badges, Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy

Calcutta Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. GolfTracer's Golf Course Museum