Guildford Golf Club - This club was founded in 1886 at High Path Road, Merrow Downs,
Guildford, Surrey. The large and small copper gilt slightly convex uniform examples
measure 24mm and 15mm respectively. Within a narrow burnished rim and upon a lined
ground are crossed clubs resting on a circular strap inscribed, Far and Sure, a ball to either
side of the buckle. In free standing capitals around this centre, Guildford Golf Club Instd
1886, the whole enclosed by wreaths of oak and laurel leaves. There are no back marks on
either button, though this pattern is illustrated in a late nineteenth century pattern book of
Messrs Firmin. The large example only is illustrated.