Button # 99
Image submitted by John Sagi
Button # 99a
21.5mm ‘Firmin & Sons Ld London. Patent 2340’
Felixstowe Golf Club - This club was formed in 1880 at Ferry Road Felixstowe Suffolk. This
is a very fine two-piece convex copper gilt uniform type with raised designs (21.5mm).
Within a burnished rim and all on a lined ground, is a strap bearing the club title and
enclosing crossed clubs and a Martello tower. This edifice shows a flag, doorway, windows
and a drawbridge to the left side in the down position. The lower section of this defensive
tower still remains. The reverse marked, ‘Firmin & Sons Ld London. Patent 2340’. The
Club is now known as Felixstowe Ferry GC, and runs two courses: the Martello and the
nine holes Kingsfleet.
Information is from an article in
"The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.
Felixstowe Golf Club
Any additional information
would be appreciated.
check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.
feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection