East Brighton Golf Club - The club was founded in 1893 at Roedean, near Brighton,
and was initially known as Kemptown GC. This is a large (25mm) silver award type,
the design and weight being similar to that of a medal, and it probably did fulfil both
requirements. The deeply recessed disc shows a mesh ball pattern to the central reserve
and thereon the arms of Brighton: Argent two dolphins naiant in pale sable within a bordure
azure charged with six martlets or. Backmarked Birmingham 1919 by S.B. & S Ld.