Back
  The Collectors Website                                                    ( Back to Page 20)
 
"Douglas Golf Club"

Button # 692
Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Button # 692a
Silver HM
Description

Douglas Golf Club - On December 1909, The Irish Field, in an article on the new Douglas club, reports that ‘250 men have applied for membership, and the limit for ladies has been almost reached.

1910 Course opens for play for the first time. The Cork Examiner reports: ‘Douglas Golf Club is doing much for the popularity of the game in Cork and within a brief period it can be safely predicted it will be one of the most flourishing institutions in the country´.

On the 27 May 1921 The clubhouse at Douglas is completely destroyed in a fire and all club records are lost.

Douglas Golf Club - 1

Button # 692

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection