Back
  The Collectors Website               ( Back to Page 1)     ( Back to Alphabetical List)
 
"Brough Golf Club"

Button # 22
Image submitted by John Sagi

Button # 22a
25mm Birmingham HM 1905 'V & S' - Awarded 1906
Description

Brough Golf Club East Yorkshire
- In the autumn of 1891 a meeting was held at the Ferry Inn, Brough, attended by Mr West and Dr Mossman, Mr Gregory and FM and Maxwell Jackson and three or four other gentlemen. After a vote, an annual subscription of 5/- was agreed, not the 2/6d that had been proposed. It was then decided to lay out a 9 hole course and to purchase an old wooden "Monkey House" for use as a Clubhouse, sited on the present 2nd green. Brough Golf Club was officially recognised by the R & A in 1893. Further land was acquired in 1905, when an 18 hole course was created. The present imposing Clubhouse was purchased, together with three acres of grounds, in 1925 for 3,750. Following additional acquisitions of land, the course was extended and improved in 1933 and 1955.

Brough Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection