Back
  The Collectors Website               ( Back to Page 4)     ( Back to Alphabetical List)
 
"Bromley & Bickley Golf Club"

Button # 115
Image submitted by John Sagi

Back of Button # 115a
25mm 'FIRMIN & SONS Ld ST MARTINS LANE LONDON'
Description

Bromley & Bickley Golf Club - This club was formed in 1892, using an eighteen-hole course playing over Bromley Common, Bromley Kent. A pair of copper gilt uniform buttons, 22mm and 16mm for the cuff. Flat with incised designs featuring the White Horse of Kent and Invicta plinth, enclosed by the full club title. The reverse marked ‘Firmin & Sons St Martins Lane London’, the company address 1895-1904 only. The club is the forerunner of what is now Bromley Municipal GC.


Image submitted by John Sagi

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

Bromley & Bickley Golf Club - 1

Button # 115

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection