Back
  The Collectors Website                                                    ( Back to Page 13)
 
"Blackwell Ladies Golf Club"

Button # 423

Back of Button # 423a
Description

Blackwell Ladies Golf Club - The club was formed in the same year as the menís club in 1893 at the village of Blackwell, near Bromsgrove, Worcestershire. This very large (29mm) handsome button is in silver and double enamels (marked Birmingham 1902 V&S); the design, in addition to clubs, balls and club title, includes a shield with central monogram date, 1903. This was perhaps a monthly award button, but was more probably given annually to the most successful competitor for the year. The die-work detail is very fine overall, with the 9 highlighted with stipple-work.


Image submitted by Dixon Pickup

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.

Blackwell Ladies Golf Club

Buttons # 423

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. Golf Button Collection