|   GolfTracer  |   Club Buttons  |   Postcards  |   Scorecards  |   Bagtags  |   Medals  |   Patches  |  
  |  Ball Markers
  |   Miscellaneous  |  
"Aberdeen Golf Club"
"ABERS-002"

Aberdeen Golf Club
Image from the Collection of Dixon Pickup

Aberdeen Golf Club
'FIRMIN & SONS Ltd LONDON' 'PATENT 234'
Description

Aberdeen Golf Club - ABERS-002 - The club was founded as a Society in 1780 at Balgownie, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, becoming a Golf Club in 1815. A very fine quality copper gilt convex uniform example of two-piece construction. The title strap is horizontally lined and encloses a double-headed thistle spray. The spun reverse is almost as interesting as the front, for in addition to the maker’s details, Firmin & Sons Ld London, it is further impressed around the shank, Patent 2346. This relates to the shank’s particular construction and fitment, a refinement invented by one Robert Elsdon. The patent was granted in 1884 and remained in use by Firmins certainly until c1910. The Club was elevated to royal status in 1903 so this item can be dated fairly accurately to the Edwardian period. It measures 22mm.

Information is from an article in "The British Golf Collectors Society" written by Dixon Pickup.



Any and all images and information about the Aberdeen Golf Club is appreciated.

Golf Club Award
Golf Club Bag Tag
Golf Club Button
Golf Club Medal
Golf Club Patch
Club's Homepage
Golf Club Paper Items
Badges, Golf Club Pin, Brooch, etc.
Golf Club Plate, Dish, etc.
Golf Club Postcard
Golf Club Scorecard
Golf Club Trophy

Aberdeen Golf Club

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Please check back, there will be many interesting items to enjoy.

Your feedback is important to us. GolfTracer's Golf Course Museum